Wednesday 10 January 2018

The freedom that isn't?

Today as I read about the freedom that I am to give myself, the 'making peace with food', I realise that over the past week since beginning the journey of learning how to eat intuitively I have given myself permission to eat each of the foods that I have had on my 'not allowed' lists. With each food, not only did I give myself permission to eat it, but also to eat as much of it as I could in one sitting. One week later, nothing I think about eating has any appeal. I'm struggling with meal times because I can't think of anything I'd like to eat at the moment. I wonder if this is a normal response and how long I might feel like this?

I call it the freedom that isn't because whilst I am free to eat anything I like whenever I like I have lost the interest in the food. I still don't have the sensations of hunger that I need to know when I am actually hungry and I haven't yet discovered satisfaction in food.

Alongside this though I have also spent some time in the last few days discovering activities that I enjoy doing that are helping me to move. I walked to deliver mail and have a relaxing coffee. I have been tidying up the garden and dancing around the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment